Monday, February 05, 2007

Horrible Super Sunday

So I was driving to Chicago from the YL Mission Community Conference to watch the Superbowl. I had plenty of time so I wasn't speeding. I went through a speed zone at 55mph. Once the construction zone ended I preceded to go 67. Not bad. I don't think I have ever driven that slow on the highway. I get pulled over. The cop said I was speeding, and in my head I was going 2 mph over!! Well it turns out that the highway speed limit is 55 not 65. WHAT?! So what exactly was the point of the speed zone I had just gone through a mile down the road?! Well I bit my tongue on all the things I wanted to argue about and with rolled eyes took my $75.00 speeding ticket.

The night wasn't much better. After the first quarter I don't know what the Bears were doing, but it definately put a damper on the rest of my night. I decided I needed to drive home to think instead of staying the night. Today I am hurting because I took a leap of faith last night.

The hardest part of taking that leap is the hurt and the risk of losing a friend. I don't want him out of my life, but I know there is a big difference in where I am, and where he is. I see a light at the end of the tunnel, but I don't know how long I can stay in the darkness. I know thats vague....sorry.

God just please mold and soften our hearts and shine light on where you want me to be.

No comments: