Friday, November 24, 2006

Thanksgiving

To me Thanksgiving has never really been a holiday. This year wasn't much different. I worked half of a normal morning shift and drove to Bloomington to eat dinner at my sisters. This was the first year they had it at their house, and we did it so the baby wouldn't have to come to Peoria. Usually we will go to my aunts house, or have dinner at my mom's. Rounding the dinner table last night was my sister, her husband, my neiece and nephew, my mother and myself. We had way to much food for just us 6. We don't have the normal Thanksgiving where families from all around get together.

As I was driving to Bloomington, it was such a gorgeous day, I got this idea that I should write a book. I'm not saying my writing skills are good enough by any means. I would definately need an editor. But I literally thought out all of the logistics of my book in the 35 minute drive. Who knows, maybe one day you'll be reading my book instead of my blog.

The purpose of this blog was to comment on how kids say the darnest things. They really do. My neiece, going to be 5 in January, literally brought me to tears yesterday. Her comment was so pure and sweet that I couldn't help but shed a few. After dinner last night I was laying down on the couch holding my baby nephew. It's amazing to watch the facial expressions babies make when they sleep, anywho. Ethan was sleeping and he smiled at me. Sydney was stand right next to me and said, "Cece, (its the nickname they call me since they couldnt say Leslie) he is smiling at you because he loves you." How freaking cute. It was then my eyes filled with water and I was thanking God for my beautiful family.

My reason to smile: I have 20 more minutes of work and I have all day off tomorrow!!!!

No comments: