Sunday, April 20, 2008

Free as a bird in a cage.

Psalm 11:1-3
"In the Lord I put my trust; How can you say to my soul, Flee as a bird to your mountain? For Look! The wicked bend their bow, they make ready their arror on the wrong, that they may shoot secretly at the upright in heart. If the foundations are destroyed what can the righteous do?"

The challenges of a spiritual plateau seem inevitable. This passage has resignated in my heart the past few weeks because it gives me a vision of reason, an explanation of some sort.

I feel as though the closer I get with God and the more I 'spread my spiritual wings' the more my heart hurts with frustration. None of us can ever be whole hearted like Jesus, we always fall short. It's like a tease. Sure we all want to be great disciples and live like God intended, it's like a race where the finish line keeps moving farther and farther.

No comments: