Wednesday, January 02, 2008

A year in review...

Tears of gratitude and amazement fill my eyes when I think of my walk this past year. Justin I'm copying your 'strategy' of reflection...

January-
I was in a relationship that was not God centering, this was the month where conviction sank in. I started following God and took a leap of faith to quit my job to start Independence Media.

February-
The relationship ended and I got into my first car accident. As I emptied out my heart to make a new home for God depression sank in.

March-
The old had gone and I started whole-heartily towards God. I started working out and released the depression I had held onto. Life was beginning.

April-
Just busy with finishing up my senior service project for PARC. What an amazing experience of service.

May-
GRADUATION! It was something I'd be waiting for 4 long years. What a great transition to close a destructive chapter and begin a fruitful journey.

June-
Young Life camp. Wonderful yet again.

July-
California. The trip that changed my life. I found God's true beauty not only in California, but in my heart.

August-
I started my full-time job and took a wonderful trip to Florida with Gina, Summer and Molly.

September-
I had a great baptism ceremony. Work began to get rocky.

October-
Pretty lame month. Same struggles just more self development.

November-
I was in my first Christian relationship. God used this for my heart and I'm so grateful. Work sucked so I quit my job. I took a huge leap of faith in pretty much every area of my life. I found a church that speaks to me and I have a desire to be apart of more.

December-
I have had the opportunity in unemployment to grow new and old friendships. Search myself and grow in ways that I never knew.


The major theme I have found over the past year is that regardless of what goes on in my life God uses each situation to create me into the woman of God I need to be. I've been so blessed beyond belief! I'm excited to what God has in store for 2008. New year = New beginnings. The change I've seen in just a year causes much anticipation for 2008.

No comments: