Tuesday, January 29, 2008

One year...bittersweet

I sat here tonight with a good friend talking about the strength God is giving me in my heart. I'm facing challenges with confidence and really feel the need to be alone. I really feel I am in a place that I shouldn't be dating, no matter what my heart desires. God is blessing me with a lot of 'new' opportunities.

It was then I was going through my Bible and I found a list of things I was praying for a year ago. It's bittersweet.

2/19/07
-my bills paid
-my car fixed (don't remember what was wrong then)
-a new computer/computer fixed
-I want to love & be needed as well as to love and need in return
-to be comfortable with giving all control to God
-financial peace/security
-to love people unconditionally
-patience for my future

For those of you who have been keeping up with my blogs or my life in general, almost a year later I'm still praying for every single one of those things. I remember exactly where I was when I laid all of that in front of God, and it hits home today. I'm not sure what to think. God has blessed me in different ways and this past year a lot of these prayers have been answered. But how strange that they ALL fall true again.

1 comment:

JGanschow said...

don't worry, you are not alone. but blessings don't always come wrapped just as we expect them too. i'm still struggling financially, but the ends manage to meet somehow-mostly through the generosity of others who care. i was in a relationship a year ago that was spiraling out of control and i wanted it to be fixed. it is now, but with someone i was made to be with. i know HE hears all our prayers and answers them in a way that is best for us at a time that is best for us. Don't give up, friend!