Wednesday, February 20, 2008

My God questions...

Ever since I was little I have always thought my uncle Mike was in Heaven with God. I would talk to him, tell him things about me, but obviously didn't get any response..you know typical little girl stuff that I didn't know any better. Lately I've found myself talking to my Grandpa. People always say, "Oh so and so is looking down on us from Heaven." Which got me thinking... Can people who are in Heaven hear our prayers? Or hear when we talk to/about them?

My second God question that has been on my mind this past week is this...how can we seek God when there is an earthly time sensitivity? For instance, this week I have been actively seeking a new car. Not because it's flashy, but because the wheels on my explorer have been grinding so hard when I break that I fear they will fall off. (Especially the front left.) So in searching for an economically friendly (I mostly mean gas), safe car that I can invest in I have found a Mazda3. Figuring it out, it won't cost too much more than my explorer but on the other hand I will save so much on gas. I want to do this in a way that glorifies God. But if I hold off much longer I won't have a vehicle to trade in if you catch my drift. I have been seeking counsel, and working through all the questions they have and I really don't feel like I shouldn't buy this car. I have spent many mind hours and lots of time in prayer and I don't have a bad feeling. Fasting to get answers is another way. Is that all I can do to 'seek God'? How do I know if this is okay with God. He hasn't given me a clear YeS, but he hasn't given me any NO....

Those are my God thoughts this week.

3 comments:

nick said...

maybe simply finding the mazda3 was God's way of putting in front of you what you should buy. there more than likely won't be a smack on the forehead type thing where God drops a note on your front doorstep that says "yo, buy this car!" i'm not saying that that's out of the question, just that it doesn't seem all that practical. if it makes fiscal, appearance, whatever sense, i don't see why you'd need a parental permission slip to be a good steward of what you have.

JGanschow said...

as long as you buy something you can afford and that is a practical, financially-sound deal, then you are living as He would have you live, right? just don't go outside your means, where it puts your back against a wall and you can't afford the gas to put in the tank (kind of like buying a house when you can't pay the mortgage-woops).

Alicia said...

I second Justin's comment. It is ok to get a car that you like and can have for a long time. Is it more practical to buy a good car that you can afford, or buy several junkers and risk your live by not knowing when or where your car will just stop "living"? You need to get what ever you feel comfortable purchasing and God will be just fine with your decision. I honestly do not believe God judges us on what we purchase, however, he probably does care "why" we purchase something. Your not talking about buying a crazy-flashy car. It is ok to reward yourself with something that you have worked hard to get. What ever choice you make, God will be on your side as long as it is made with good judgement.