Monday, May 07, 2007

My stupid mouth..

So I've always been a big cusser. It's a nasty unattractive habit, I know. I typically do it in a joking manner or when I am alone, except when I get all riled up.

My young life girls know they can swear around me, I feel it provides for a 'safe enviornment' where if they swear and I don't flinch then they can talk about other things and the same peaceful reaction will occur. I try not to swear around them, until my stupid mouth slipped tonight. I think/hope only a few of my closest friends, one YL girl heard me. Immediately after I felt remorse.

I have been constantly nagged about my 'language' by my friend Ryan, but tonight I felt so convicted immediately after, it was embarrassing. I don't want those words to come out of my mouth and people look at me to see a religious leader. I know it says in the Bible that my words should only be pure and of God...my challenge for myself this week is that I clean up my mouth. (If you ever hear me, feel free to call me out on it!)


Only one more day of class and 3 finals to go!

No comments: