Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Battle of the Sexes

I've never played the board game, though at times life between guys and girls is a game in itself. One of my professors gets heated about the subject of Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus, because we are different but studies have shown we are more alike than anything. I've been thinking a lot about guys and girls and my relationships with the two.

I have always been friends with guys. Which is good and bad for different reasons. There's not that competitive aspect to a relationship with a man, they just don't care. You get dating blunt dating advice, and you don't have to dress up for them. The downfalls tend to be that everyone thinks I'm either flirting or a tom boy, and I always end up just being "one of the guys". You know, always a bridesmaid never a bride. Well lately, and don't get me wrong I LOVE my guy friends, but I've been doing the girl thing. Last night two of my girl friends and I sat at my house and just were able to talk about everything. (Mostly guys of course) But its been such a blessing to be able to connect with my girl friends.

I can't begin to tell you how excited I am for tomorrow. I leave for Vegas! 5 nights! With 10 of my college girl friends. No work. No school...ahhhhh I could just scream out loud. Now the last real vacation I took was about a year and a half ago. And I need this now more than ever! I have to say though I am a little nervous. Vegas is SIN CITY, the city that doesn't sleep, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas...you catch my drift? Now one major aspect that I am lacking which could be a good thing is money. I can't afford to get myself into too much trouble. Actually I see it as a great challenge. I mean 10 girls out on the town for 5 days! Who knows, maybe I'll find my husband and get hitched in a one-stop wedding shop. (Brittany Spears did it, why can't I?) Just keep your fingers crossed that I strike it rich on the penny slots, or that I find a million dollar chip. (I kinda wish I had money to play hold 'em....but I don't)I'll be back late Tuesday night.....so until then my friends. VEGAS or BUST! ;o)

My reason to smile: It was a beautiful sky this morning! AND we signed a lease for a house!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;o) (More about that on a later blog)

1 comment:

swishthedish said...

congrats on the house. i can't wait to see it