Wednesday, March 12, 2008

My life

I started my new job as the Director for Recruiting at Northwestern Mutual Financial Network on Monday. I think I'm going to enjoy it! I have some great people and I can't wait to take over the reigns and organize everything. Lots of new information to learn, I've already had 6 interviews to sit in on, 3 meetings so far, needless to say I'm exhausted.

With stress comes health problems. I'm STILL sick (I've been sinus-sick since December) but other issues are arrising again after two years. I know as a women my punishment since the 'fall' has been pain in childbirth....I haven't had any kids but if it's anything like what I feel now, I'll be fine.

My biggest struggle right now is balancing living in fear and joy of the Lord. I don't know why I don't feel the joy, but with everything I am in constant fear. God has blessed me so much lately and has definately helped me stand after being humbled just a few months ago. I assume I constantly fear because it wasn't that long ago I felt joy and had everything taken away. I don't know the real reason, after all, I'm not God.

Thats my lunch-hour blog. :)

1 comment:

swishthedish said...

I can relate to you Leslie. I've struggled with (false) guilt for a while now and that fear just sucks all the joy out of your life.

There is hope though. I don't know all about your situation, but just remember that Satan is an "accuser of the brethren" so whatever your fearful of probably isn't coming from God.

I read a verse the other day that helped me realize just how much of my feelings weren't from God.

Romans 15:13 "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit"

I'll be praying for you Leslie!