Monday, September 10, 2007

Monday Monday..

As I sit here at my desk this Monday morning, I wonder where my weekend went. Friday night I got the privilege to help my friends make their new house a home. This included painting, and ripping up floors. How exiciting that I was able to be apart of their new life. Saturday was a day dedicated to Young Life. I spent 7 hours (no I'm not complaining Summer) getting trained and hanging out with my fellow Young Life leaders. Saturday night was a great time to share with my old college roomates that came in town just for Sunday.

As I have mentioned in previous blog posts, God has been working in my heart. One of the things I have been challenged to do was to finally give my heart to Him. To symbolize my acceptance of this, I made a public declaration in front of my friends and family. Yesterday I was baptized. Not your average baptisim I must say, I mean how many people can say they have seen someone baptized in a softtub?

I would have people ask me, "So how do you feel?" after the actual dipping, and in complete honesty I didn't feel any different. Well, not until I was trying to sleep and kept tossing and turning. I was replaying the events in my head, wondering the effect this had on others. I'm not the type of person who can handle compliments, or cry for that matter. But yesterday I was forced to accept the nice things people said about me, with a simple "Thank you." I knew it would be an emotional day, but I don't think I have ever been as nervous as I was. My hands were shaking, my stomach was turning, I couldn't even get through the first paragraph of my testimony without crying for pete's sake.

I enjoyed being able to share this experience with my friends. I was finally able to talk to my college friends about my faith in a way that would explain why I moved away. I affirmed my mom after all the years of a broken relationship, and I got to finally thank the people who broke down the wall around my heart, the Waids.

I now realize that declaring this step in front of 40 people must bring about change in my life. I have 40 brothers and sisters in Christ that don't want to see me fall. What an inspiration to be a better person.

Thank you to everyone who was able to share this day with me. I love you all.

2 comments:

JGanschow said...

YOU ROCK, LESLIE!
Thank you so much for letting us all be a part of your day. It was so powerful to hear your testimony and see you open up. You will continue to be used in mighty ways! I love you, friend!

Brandon J. Brown said...

Leslie,
congrats on getting Baptized. It is awesome, and I love how you were able to do it in such a real and relevant way! Wish I could have been there!